Man Food Rafting
In 2009 we took first trip down the Upper Animas with Mountain Waters Rafting Company out of Durango, CO. In 2010 we did it again and this time we had the whole trip reserved for our fans. This was a special trip reserved for May 22nd – 24th. We shot some amazing video and as always, had some awesome food. Again thanks to all of our sponsors listed below as well as all of the fans that attended the trip. Below is our current videos. Let us know what you think and we are looking forward to another great trip in 2011.
Upper Animas Part I – 2010
Upper Animas Part II 2010
Upper Animas Trip 2009
Here is a list of our sponsors for the 2010 trip:
Here are some additional details on the trip and the cancelation policies that I will keep up here for further trips. If you have any questions about the trip please let me know: firstname.lastname@example.org
Upper Animas Requirements
Required meeting and gear fitting the evening before at 5:00 PM
- Physical fitness test required before Upper Animas Trips:
- Hand over hand for 15 feet on a horizontal ladder
- Pre-trip swim in class II or III whitewater
- Wetsuit, booties and gloves — REQUIRED – (available for rent, see below.)
- Shorts or swimsuit
- Shirts and underwear
- 1 pair of long pants Long Johns
- Wool socks, hat and gloves
- Shoes for around camp
- Long Sleeve T-shirt (good as a cover-up from the sun)
- Jacket and/or windbreaker
- Sunglasses with a safety strap
- Sunscreen, suntan lotion, hand lotion, and Chapstick
- Insect repellent (Cutters or Deep Woods OFF)
- Flashlight with extra batteries
- Biodegradable soap, wash cloth and towel
- Personal items: toothbrush and paste, facial tissue, medications, etc.
- Extra beverages (liquor, wine, beer/wine coolers/sodas — all packed in unbreakable containers)
- Sleeping bag liner (optional)
We have rentals available: wetsuits $25/day, sleeping bags/pads $10/night, and tents $10/night.
Many rafting adventure guests wish to be able to cancel at the last minute due to weather, illness, family emergency or changes in travel plans. Cancellation Insurance allows guests to receive a full refund no questions asked. The cost of the insurance is $25 per person for Upper Animas and Piedra River trips. Our normal cancellation policy is listed below:
- A 50% deposit is required to make a reservation.
- The balance is due 60 days prior to your trip.
- 100% refund for cancellations made 60 days prior to trip.
- 50% refund for cancellations made 45 days prior to trip.
- No refunds for cancellations made less than 45 days prior to trip date. Trip insurance is highly recommended.
Trip Cancellation by Mountain Waters Rafting
- A trip may be cancelled at any time for river safety reasons.
- If a trip does not have a minimum number of participants it may be cancelled 15 days prior to trip date.
- Mountain Waters will not reimburse any travel costs. Travel insurance is highly recommended.